May 7, 2012

Alec Bradley Event @TNT in Deland Fl

I try to go to as many events as I can, so I can learn from people who are much more knowledgeable than I am, when it come to cigars. I was really looking forward to this event because it was being held at a place I have become to feel more comfortable with after each visit. TNT Tobacconist in Deland Florida is a very comfortable atmosphere run by 2 brothers Greg and Mike, Mike is also known as @cigarhustler on twitter. It's great to watch a customer regular come in and get greeted as if he was Norm on Cheers. These guys have built a nice place to go have a smoke, and talk cigars, sports, business or whatever else pops up.

The guy in the middle is Kevin, he is the Representative from Alec Bradley. Kevin has a very engaging personality and welcomed everyone to the event as if he was having you enter his home for a small party, or to watch a game. This was the first event I have gone to where they had a raffle, and you didn't have to buy a box, to be a player. You know me I don't buy boxes I have 5 humidors now filled with cigars from research, recommendations, winnings, and I have a local cigar maker that sent me a couple of  cigars from all his lines. These boxes are full and I don't have room for a box, besides, as I recommended the other day to someone even more new to this than me, don't buy a box of cigars, and only smoke one, there are just to many cigars at reasonable prices, that are excellent cigars. Alec Bradley does a good job in that category with the Black Market, the Tempus, and The Prensado all under $10 per smoke. With the help of Kevin and the guys at TNT everybody was enjoying sitting around and smoking some kind of Alec Bradley product.

I got there a little early so I had time to peruse the humidor room, and look for that something different, that I haven't tried yet. It took a while because I was looking for something special, and they have lots of special cigars, but I walked by the Liga #9's, looked for a feral pig, but couldn't find one. After a good 20 minutes of searching I finally landed on this bad boy. I have smoked at this point I feel a good amount of cigars. This cigar was different than any other cigar I have smoked and when I mentioned this to Mike he said the same thing. The only one that I feel might even be near would be the LFD Dominica Oscuro. The flavors until the final third were totally new, like nothing I had ever had before. It was so interesting to smoke something so totally different.

Any way that's my Friday night, and as normal I did not win anything at the raffle.





The Newbie

No comments: