May 22, 2012

A Crazy May

May has been an incredible month business wise, thus it takes away from the time it takes to write stuff down. I apologize but without the business, I can't buy the smokes.


So in May I won 2 different items, one from bestcigarprices.com and 1 from cigarsolutins.com . The cigars that came with the bestcigarprices.com contest were cigars made for them by Patel, Perdomo, and Alec Bradley. The Cigar solutions win was a travel humidor that holds 25-40 cigars. The Perdomo made cigars have a very cheap wrapper that has unraveled on every one I have smoked, but the Alec Bradley's have been  fine.

Since we are talking about Alec Bradley cigars I can give you a breakdown of the ones I have tried and broken down this month and even though I now have 6 humidors I still won't buy a box.

The easy one first the Prensado this is just an amazing smoke with a dark corojo box pressed wrapper. The Prensado has a consistent burn throughout the cigar, the smoke comes at just the right amount per draw, and the flavors are complex and changing from beginning to end.

 I could go into great detail about this cigar but it has been reviewed many times by writers much more talented, and knowledgeable than me. The Prensado has been a staple in my humidor from the beginning and will always have a place for several resting and waiting for the proper moment.




The Black Market. I had bought one of these several months ago and waited a while to let it age and besides it looked very nice in my humidor. This was a cigar that I liked very much and at it price point of less than $7 per cigar it is right in my budget.  The total construction of the cigar was flawless, from burn to draw everything was as it should be. The Black Market is packed with Honduran, Jamastran and Panamanian long filler with a dark Nicaraguan wrapper. This is a medium bodied smoke that was not necessarily complex, but was still enjoyable to smoke. I am sometimes in the mood to smoke a cigar that has a consistent flavor and feel throughout. The Black Market does this very well. I will probably always have several of these on hand too.

The Family Blend was probably my most disappointing Alec Bradley cigar.

There is nothing wrong with it but it was just flat it didn't get me excited and was overpowered by a mild bourbon that should have been complimentary instead. The construction again was perfect with no flaws in the burn or the draw. I was just looking for something that just wasn't there.  If you wanted to give me a Family Blend I would happily smoke it and it would be fine, I just like my cigars to wow me and so many of them do that I concentrate on them instead.

The American Classic is a  lighter to medium bodied smoke that is actually very flavorful. My palate tends to run medium to full bodied smokes so when I get a lighter cigar that makes me take a pause and enjoy it just that little bit more. The Creamy nutty, buttery flavor is enjoyable throughout the cigar. like all the Bradley's the construction again is flawless, the draw and burn are perfect.




I really like the Alec Bradley line and remember the Store brand cigars I was mentioning from bestcigarprices.com  well they have one called the Kensington that is very nice and very close to the American Classic.






The Newbie


No comments: