August 16, 2012

Jameson Cigar Co. Resolucion

  The Jameson Cigar company out of Huntington West Virginia is another small boutique cigar maker with a new product the Resolucion. I got this cigar at the Charmed Leaf boutique event held at the World of Beer in Orlando. I don't know if it was one of the 5 I was supposed to get at entry or if it was handed to me while talking to everyone. I am a newbie so to go into how the cigar is made, which wrapper is being used, I'm sorry I don't know, and a little research of the makers site didn't tell me either.

  The Resolucion is handmade in the Dominican Republic. The wrapper is a medium caramel color, well made with the typical triple cap. The cold draw and overall smell of the cigar was very earthy. I lit the cigar using a V cut, but due to a small tear in the wrapper at the head I wasn't getting huge amounts of smoke and the burn was slightly uneven, but once I got past that the draw and burn were excellent. The Resolucion has a nice earthy taste to it and on the draw it is not overly spicy but has a nice little bite on the retrohale. The first third of the cigar was an even smoke with only small variations in the spice level, and no real changes in the flavors. The burn and smoke remain consistent throughout. I'm into the second third and I am getting a small tear in the wrapper but so far it hasn't affected the smoke or the burn. The flavors are picking up with my first hint of a sweetness and a stinging red pepper on my tongue. My guess is this is a medium, heading toward the full body cigar but definitely in my palate range. I am into the final third of the Resolucion and it keeps getting better. The only way for me to explain the flavors is to compare it to other cigars in it's flavor range. I think that the Resolucion is most comparable to the LFD line or a milder version of the 86th anniversary Trumpeto which in both cases are very nice cigars.

  If you have read my stuff before, you know I don't use numbers because I am not qualified to do so,  but I ask myself would I buy a box. I have 5 humidors plus a 42 count travel case that I use at work with easily over 200 cigars and I have only bought 2 boxes ever. I would not buy a box of the Resolucion but I will definitely be on the hunt to see where I can get five to age and enjoy. I liked the Resolucion enough to make some room for them in my boxes. So Brad thank you for the cigar, the only thing I don't know at this point is, does it fit in my budget category of under $10 per stick.






The Newbie

No comments: