April 2, 2012

The Emilio line first tastes

I finally broke down and ordered the Emilio lines AF-1 AF-2 and Grimalkin soon to be the LaMusa . The good guys at Buckhead's helped me out, and they were great, so if you are not sure where to go give them a try. I really tried I promise to have these rest a while but my curiosity got the best of me and I have given each of these a try. Last night after a long Sunday at work, I really hate working Sunday's but it's what I do, I pulled out the AF-1
 and settled in for a relaxing smoke. I am not going to give these a full evaluation because I want them to sit for at least a month before I actually rank or grade them. The AF-1 was a nice easy milder smoke than either the AF-2 or the Grimalkin. As you can see this wasn't  my normal quick smoke but more of a long drawn out one. Perfect.  The draw was excellent and the burn was impeccable. I liked the AF-1 very much and anticipate a long and happy relationship with them.

The Grimalkin is such a cool cigar from the band to the, peppery start and all the stuff going on in between. I grabbed this one for a quick read on the porch and just to try it. Again very well made cigar, great draw, good smoke, lots of flavors, I am very happy and also see a lasting relationship with the LaMusa or Grimalkin in the future.

 The AF-2 is a beautifully made cigar, a very nice wrapper, good cold draw, excellent burn as you can see from the pictures, nice kick of spice right at the start. the only problem I had is I kept getting this bitter back taste like a very tart plum, black rasberry, I don't know I couldn't exactly catch it. but it was throughout the cigar and never really went away. I will have to try another one to see if maybe it was just that one I
hope so because I really like the
other 2, but I guess that's why there are 3 different cigars. Well it's 2 weeks later and I decided that I wanted to see if something was wrong maybe with me or the cigar that day. I had an AF-2 after a nice steak dinner tonight, and it was like I had brought out a very rich chocolate candy bar or a big piece of cake. The AF-2 was so good.  I think I need to stop trying new stuff at work, and just do it at home, because I was absolutely blown away by how good the AF-2 was only 2 weeks later. I think that maybe I was trying to smoke it to fast that day. So Gary and the rest of the guys at Emilio's this makes it a 3 for 3 great job

 So my take is I like the Emilio line, it is definitely a gotta have, and it really doesn't matter which one, they are all really good. boxworthy  probably, but I like the 5 packs here so I can have all 3 available when I want one.

The Newbie

No comments: