April 30, 2012

Quiet last week Crazy week coming up

Last week was a quiet one on the cigar front. I had the opportunity to smoke several cigars but only the Rafael Gonzalez from CRA was new. I can't grade it because I know nothing about it. It was very tasty and a nice milder smoke but that's all I know. I had old  Carguy smoke an AF-2 and he loved it, I am really spoiling him with all the different smokes he has tried, because of my journey. I enjoyed an AF-1.

This week it 's going to be busy crazy. Tonight I have the opportunity to Meet Don Carlos Fuente, at Corona Cigar Company in Orlando Fl.

 The Aficionado has met him several times and encouraged me to go. I was only hesitant because I'm cheap and most of the cigars are over my $10 budget limit but who knows maybe just maybe I'll get lucky. I'll let you know.







Friday night we have an event at TNT in Deltona with Alec Bradley. I have not had a bad AB yet. The best part of this is we already have 5 confirmed Central Florida Cigar Aficionado members, and hopefully we will get some more. I will get a chance to meet more BOTL, and get a face to face with people on twitter.

This week I should have 2 different shipments coming in. I got second prize in the cigar review contest at best cigar prices .I really wanted to win, the winning humidor looks cool.  But second prize isn't too bad, I get humidor #5 and another 10 cigars to try they are sending 2 of each. Besides I am a Newbie at this blog, and cigar stuff, so to get second I must be doing something right.

 The second shipment is from a small cigar maker here in Florida, he tried to buy a car from me but went another way. No problem sometimes that's the name of the game. We got to talking about cigars and he has promised to send a sampling of his products. I have read some reviews from some of the events he has done and they are all favorable. One reviewer says he is a review or 2 away from going the big time. If the cigars are good I will do my part to help. I will try them out see how they are and then truthfully give my beginner's opinion, then put The Aficionado to work and have him do the same.

After this week I should have lots of stories to tell.






The Newbie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The cigar is producing a good volume of smoke and now bringing chocolate to my palate.
This cigar is really getting better and I am glad I gave it a second chance as I was tempted
to throw it out in the beginning.


Cigar Aficionado