April 14, 2012

Update Cigar Shopping Experiences by The Newbie

I don't know if you read my original posts about my shopping experiences, and the Famous Smoke shop buys. I have had the opportunity to try several different buying experiences both online, and B&M.

First online, I continue to peruse the cigar auctioneer, and monster at Famous Smoke shops. They are always efficient, on time, and the cigars arrive in excellent condition. I had to go away from the norm a  little to track down my Emilio cigars and I dealt with the boys from Buckhead Cigar. They were very easy and comfortable to do business with and again everything arrived in perfect condition. I also went straight to the source for my Nomad cigars and the Godfadr had them in my hands the next day. The guys at Hava cigar with the Cromagnon, and Intemperance lines are first class all the way. I will say everyone I have dealt with online has been helpful, professional, and pleasant to deal with.

The Brick and Mortar has been a little different. Some good, some bad, and several great. Couple of the new stores I have been to The Cigar Lounge in Oviedo Fl. Nice people in a small store. The Cigar Lounge was a little dated in the smokes they carried but their humidor was small. I was there for my first Drew estates event, I got to meet Jason the Florida rep, and spent the evening talking and smoking cigars. Another store I have tried is the Ol Times smoke shop in Casselberry. A nice store with a great mom and pop feel to it. The Patrons there were not the most outgoing but again I was keeping to myself anyway. They have a very interesting selection of cigars with a very up to date selection of what is hot and buzzing on the net, and the tried and true names. I was able to get my 1st Liga Privada T52 there. Yesterday I went to the TNT Tobacconist in Deltona Florida, Jason from Drew Estaes was there and I needed a couple of Uzi's to fill a couple of holes in my wants. Oh no he has T52's and #9's. Needless to say I added a couple to my inventory and got some free Uzi's and Undercrowns. The best part of TNT's is the people. The patrons greeted me with open arms, The owners loved talking about cigars, the business of cigars, and just having fun. I think I have found a home to smoke in. The only issue here is no beer or wine, but they are working on that. They said when they have a large event they can get 60 -70 people there. that sounds like fun to me.

The day took on a more meaningful time when I got to meet some of the people from my twitter followers and ones I follow. It was nice to put a face with the tweet.


The owners also had a neat collection of cigar boxes that if you wanted to you could buy for a nominal fee. When I was looking through them and really checking them out, he came up to me and asked if I wanted to see a couple from his personal collection and he offered them to me. I took one and couldn't wait to get it home and clean it up. A 2011 special collection MY Fathers cigar box. I cleaned it up inside and out. It now is captive high on a bookcase so I might leave it alone for the 2 weeks it is supposed season with my one stop boveda 84 seasoning pack. I'm Thinking if I can get it to be a stable box I will make it my special Items box. Example Opus X Lost city. Davidoff anniversary #3 Liga Privada #9 with a CRA label on it.  I got some others in mind but first I got to see if I can get it to maintain the proper humidity.

As you can see My experiences are getting better, is it me? No I truly believe it is the people on the other side who are living a dream. The simple American dream of being your own boss and have control of your future. I am new to this industry as a consumer of Cigars but I have been in retail my whole life. It doesn't matter what you sell, what matters is how you sell. The customer is king because if you sell them once and they don't come back, then you failed them and yourself. however if you make them feel like family, or a friend and you were truly helpful to them then they will come back over and over again, making you both happy. They might even bring along a friend or at least recommend them to your business.

I think tonight will be a Nomad night because I haven't done a review in a couple of days, and the first one was very good so if the second is as good I will have a recommendation for you.






The Newbie

No comments: