February 23, 2012

Famous Smoke Shop now known as FSS

If you have read some of the blog posts from the beginning you will know I have tried a lot of different cigars, got some sampler packs, and cherry picked cigars I wanted from the cigar auctioneer.   I am going to say that I am very happy with most of my selections. So far I have had some very good experiences. The  Perdomo lot 23 was a complete surprise because of everything I had read was very similar to what I had read about the Patel sampler below. Unfortunately I did not like any of these cigars and only the Vudu made it to the halfway point. I had ordered these and shared the pack with someone else and I felt so bad that I filled his need with a Padron 3000 and I am going to throw him another couple to make it up to him.

Amilcar Perez Castro Robusto Maduro  
Patel Next Generation Robusto Natural
Signature Rocky Patel Robusto Maduro
Vudu Robusto Maduro

Now to be fair I also have gotten some absolutely wonderful cigars in samplers and packs that I have gotten from FSS, so not all sampler packs are bad, but again those are rookie mistakes that I know will happen again. The Cain club fifty pack got 8 cigars for $19 and if the rest are anywhere close to what the F 550 was this was a homerun and I mean over the Green Monster and on to Yawkey Way. I will let you know I am Smoking the Cain Daytona on Sunday playing golf, because after all it is Race Week, and the Daytona 500 will be run that day and if it as good as the other Cain I will probably smoke the second one too.

My first order of auction items was getting out of control and when I looked at the shipping, I was being charged $6.99 for every item I won. I was pretty sure I had marked my orders to be consolidated but I really didn't know for sure. I called FSS and talked to a wonderful woman who helped me make sure that I wouldn't get creamed by shipping and taint my feelings toward my new past time. Since that phone call everything has been perfect, and I couldn't have asked for a better buying experience. I have continued to buy accessories and cigars from Famous and will continue to do so. The items always come very well packed and protected, the orders are perfect, and the packing list didn't have prices.

I have gotten 42 cigars from the auctioneer, 4 humidors including my travel one, A golf cigar holder, a plastic carrying case,and a new cutter. I am done now I just have to relax and smoke some cigars. I have made other purchases but not everything comes from the FSS.... but more on that another day.

THANK YOU FAMOUS SMOKE SHOPS it's a pleasure doing business with you,

The Newbie






No comments: