February 18, 2012

Signature Series by Rocky Patel Toro Cigars

This cigar was rated very high on the website where I bought it, so I anticipated a nice smoke. It was very easy to light and the burn was even all the way to the end. The draw was so tight  I had to puff it 3 times to get a good smoke. The first 3rd was very heavy on the pepper almost to the point of being bitter so between that and having to really pull on it to smoke almost gave up.

I decided to keep going and the second half smoothed out very nice but the draw never got any better. I was looking for something to hook me get me to love this cigar but it never came. I wouldn't buy this again, and if it was part of a sampler I would discount it when figuring out the pricing of the package. This was my first Rocky Patel and I will say I was very disappointed since I have several others in my humidors, I am hoping the others are better. As always when talking about a cigar this is just my taste and as a newbie  I don't know what I am talking about but I do know what I like.



The other day I had a Cain F 550 and after some reflection I did like that cigar and I am glad I have a couple more to try in my box to evaluate. I will try one while relaxing, or reading instead of on the golf course to see if  I fall in love with it. The taste was so much better than the Patel and it was coming unraveled.

The Newbie
 

No comments: