February 21, 2012

The Knuckle Dragger

The Knuckle Dragger from Cro Magnon
I will have to admit the waiting has been tough, I have read so many articles and experts just loving this cigar. I wanted to experience it with no rush, no obligations, just a newbie and his cigar. I am cooking on the grill but that's relaxation for me too. Nice fresh almost a fresh hay in the barn smell after the cut. The cool draw was slightly peppery. The light was a biting start, but a good bite and lasted almost the whole 1st third.  As you can see the burn is smooth and the line is consistently straight. The draw from the start is perfect all the way to the nub. I am also enjoying an ice cold Belgian white shock top with my Knuckle dragger. The second third smoothed out and was very nice. I may be looking for too much but mostly I got a leathery taste that was good but not very complex with a multitude of flavors I was expecting. check out the dark oily wrapper and the long cool ash.


The last 3rd got back to some bite and finished off very nicely. I enjoyed The Knuckle Dragger to about an inch and a half nub. I have several more of these in the humidor and will periodically update the opinions and feelings about this cigar.

The good news is I have several of these I am sending to the aficionado to try and see what someone who smokes the very best cigars in the world thinks.


The Newbie
 

No comments: