February 16, 2012

The First Lightings

We hit the golf course this morning our typical early time. My friend the old car guy, (I can say that it is one of his e-mail addresses) smokes 2-3 cigars a week as a rule so I was excited to get his feedback on this mornings cigar. This morning we had the Cain F 550. I lit mine on the 6th hole and was enjoying a very nice mild smoke, but unfortunately it got knocked out of the cart and the wrapper unraveled. I was able to save it and maintained a very nice burn, though a little ragged compared to the one I am smoking tonight. Old car guy waited til the tenth hole to light his. He lights it up and the next thing I know he is gushing on how nice a cigar it was. OCG usually smokes a Romeo and Juliet, he's not sure which one. Throughout the smoke I am trying to get him to tell me what flavors he was experiencing etc. The best I could get was Oh my God this is a great cigar.

My impressions of the Cain F 550 were it was very smooth with little to no backbite. I was trying to get some of the flavors of the cigar throughout the smoke, and even though it was mess it still was very good, but  I would say bland. Now I am a newbie so I did get a little bit of a nicotine buzz, but it did not knock me off my feet. So overall a nice cigar, smooth, light tasting, with a hint of a creamy feeling at the end and I did smoke it to a nub. Am I going out to buy a box of these no probably not. I don't feel I am ready yet to give this or any cigar grade yet, but I did like it.

Later in the day my wife asks what do we want for dinner, I say how about a burger on the grill. That was to give me an excuse to smoke another stogie I have been dying to try. Now I am grilling so that also means Yuenglings.  I live in a condo so I have to use the community charcoal grill right out my back door. I have lit the charcoal and while they heat up I am writing this and enjoying  my CAO OSA lot 50 very much. Now this cigar is loaded with pepper and I like it very much,and I understand what it means now. The burn on this cigar is perfectly even, not even the slightest variation. A very nice cool burn, with long even ash. the 1st third was peppery but the second third smoothed right out, and goes very well with my ice cold Beer. I am starting to understand the cigar Jargon, this has a leathery taste to it, very nice. Near the end and I am getting a little bite to it. I thoroughly enjoyed this cigar and am very glad I got 2 of them, but with 47 more cigars to smoke I still won't be going out to buy a box right away but just might in the future.

The Newbie

No comments: