March 1, 2012

Another day of Golf, and a shipment going to the aficonado

Well a long deserved day off started with a round of Golf. Old car guy and I were smoking Churchill Pedomo lot 23's . I gotta tell you these are really nice cigars, especially when you take the cost to flavor ratio. Old Car Guy got to try his first Perdomo. He was very pleasantly surprised and also really enjoyed this cigar. The churchill is nice because it lasts almost half to 2/3 of a round. The Perdomo starts off with a nice pepper beginning and then smooths out to a delicious almost creamy smoke All I can say is give these a try I think you will be glad you did.

The aficionado is going to be getting a shipment of some very tasty cigars.

3 Knuckle draggers by CroMagnon
6 San Lotano ovals in 2 different sizes
3 San Lotano Connecticut.
3 San Lotano maduro
3 San Lotano habano
2 or 3 Perdomo lot 123's
2 Ghurka Ancient Warriors.

The plan is to smoke these and give our evaluations from an expert and a beginner. I don't want to bias his opinions but I have had the opportunity to try several different cigars since starting this adventure and I will admit that right now my favorite by far is the San Lotano Connecticut.

So far the cigars I've tried
CAO OSA SOL lot 50 I enjoyed this cigar but  am letting my other one rest comfortably in it's wooden shelter

The knuckle Dragger I really liked this cigar and am looking forward to smoking another one  alongside the Aficionado
Arturo Fuente hemingway short story this cigar had some interesting flavors but it never smoothed out and allowed me to just relax and enjoy the cigar, every puff had some type of bite, and at this stage of my experience I found it to be too much bite and not enough soothing smoke.
San Lotano Oval I like these very much with the start loaded with pepper and reaches out and grabs you but then smooths out and allows you to taste all the different flavors and textures.
The Perdomo lot 123 I have enjoyed these cigars very much.
Rocky Patel VUDU  not bad but wouldn't go out looking for one
Rock Patel Signature nope, got nothing good to say definitely not my cup of tea, very bitter, bad draw.
Padron 3000 nice smooth tasty morsel
Carlos Torano virtuoso a decent cigar, I enjoyed the cigar but not enough to want more. If you were to hand me one I will gladly smoke it but again I am not going out buying 5 much less a box.
Cain F550 I really liked this cigar it was flavorful and smooth, I also tried the Daytona not quite as good but not bad. I have ordered another 8 pack of the Cain fifty package from FSS but I got 8 Cigars for 22 bucks and am sharing this package with another novice smoker. FSS's cigar auctioneer is addicting but I have really gotten some outrageous deals. Example 5 Padron anniversary 1964 naturals for $34.

I have oodles of cigars to try and smoke. 3 Humidors full. Example yesterday Corona had a special spend $29 get a 5 pack of cigars which included 2 I wanted, So I went all out and got a Lost City Which is already at rest and probably going to stay there a while saving it for a special occasion or maybe a get together with the aficionado and our favorite Football team, next fall they are coming to Jacksonville.

Waiting to be smoked and as a Newbie I am good for about 3-5 cigars a week not a day and that's pushing it.

Four Kicks
Undercrown 
oliva Series v
Oliva Masters blend
Nub 464
perdomo habano
Tatuaje  Reserva
LaFlor Dominicano Colorado Oscuro
Padron 1964 anniversary
601 blue label


And these are just some of the ones I haven't gotten to try yet that are resting nicely @ 72 rh. 


The Newbie

No comments: