March 14, 2012

E P Carillo short run

This was my second Short  Run in a week and I have to say I really enjoyed it. The first one was a second cigar of the evening after a Berlin wall. I knew at that time that this was a very nice cigar but I felt it was necessary to try this one on it's own. I knew tonight I had the night off and so I planned out the time to just sit on the porch read the newest Baldacci book on my kindle and enjoy the Short run. I wanted to match it up with a nice sweet bourbon, the Palm Ridge Reserve, a micro brew from here in Florida. I will tell you these two were made for each other. The Short run is a smooth buttery medium smoke that delivers flavor at every portion of the cigar,and the Palm ridge is a deliciously smooth sweet bourbon. I normally drink Makers mark but I felt the sweet smoothness of the Palm Ridge would be a better match and it was. I find that the Short run has a consistent flavor throughout the cigar but never really changes and doesn't surprise you with a different flavor or sensation that some other cigars I have tried do well. Now this isn't a bad thing if I am looking for a cigar that is smooth and creamy from the light to the nub I left in the ashtray, then the Short run is the one I want. This was not a complex cigar and I would gladly give someone one to try and from Newbie to Aficionado all would agree this cigar is a winner.

Ok as you know I don't put numbers on the cigars I smoke, because I don't know what I am talking about, am just learning what is good, or what I like. I got some great feedback from a true expert Victor Vitale who is the maker of cigars across 7 different brands. First off he liked my palate and agreed with lots of the evaluations I had given him on cigars I had tried. He told me to stay true to what I am feeling because my Palate was very good especially for such a novice. So back to the Short run would I buy a box probably not but a 5 pack if I had room and got a good enough deal yes I would. If you are looking for a cigar that is an easy,comfortable smooth smoke then you won't go wrong with the  EP Carillo Short run,

The Newbie  

No comments: