March 17, 2012

Drew Estates event at the Cigar Lounge Oviedo FL

As The Newbie I have been very limited by my Cigar shopping experiences. Last night I went to a small relaxing comfortable establishment in Oviedo Fl. This is about a half hour from the house and a little out of the way, but I had a good reason to go there. Drew Estates was there and the Florida rep Jason was very nice, informative and helpful not only to me but to everyone who came in. I did butt in several times being the expert that I am point several people to the Undercrown. The Undercrown is one of my favorite cigars, which is why I went, I was down to 1 left anyway.

 Jason had many other cigars there to try and experiment with so he got me to try the Antano 1970 to start with. This was a very nice cigar with leaning towards the full body. I enjoyed this cigar with a mellow German Hefeweizen. I would say it probably called for a little bolder beer, but I still wasn't complaining. The Antano is  a Nicaragua Cigar completely, Wrapper, binder and fillers. Now when I am at a show I try the cigars, but I don't evaluate them because I am talking,  smoking and joking, and there just to have a good time gaining knowledge from the Experts in the business.  Jason was very engaging and shared a lot of information with me and even got me to try things not in my scope.

 Different cigars that have been added to try include the Antano dark Corojo, The Acid Dirt, the Tabek Negra, the 1970, and a Ct wrapped lighter cigar that due to my age and where I am I can't remember the name, And My Uzi is a gun. i forgot to see if he had any Liga Pravada T52. Jason If you see this when you come to Heathrow don't forget to have one of those for me ...
 There was a nice array of cigars to choose and look over. A little about the Cigar Lounge in Oviedo It is a very comfortable relaxing atmosphere in a little whole in the wall location. the walk in Humidor is well stocked, but limited. The people are nice and inviting,making it a nice place to smoke a stogie, have a libation and watch sports after all it is March Madness. I will be back.
I of course had to have an undercrown and I turned several people on to them that were truly overwhelmed at how good they are. Anyway another fun event had a chance to talk to other cigar enthusiast and fun and very well versed Rep
.





The Newbie


No comments: