March 4, 2012

Perdomo Habano my second Perdomo cigar

I left the house today packing a Perdomo Habano  and a Ghurka Ancient warrior. I really like having my traveling Humidor and a couple of cigars available when I might get a free moment. I enjoy my time with my new obsession. Today it was the end of another work day. a few minutes before we are released  to go home. I pulled out my new black case opened it and chose the Perdomo over the Ghurka. This particular smoke came as part of a sampler and I am a little bit leery, because some of the cigars in the samplers are not usually reviewed or don't have lots of information. My torch is still at the house and again I have to light the cigar with a match. I am not very good at this obviously because  again I get half the tip lit and it is starting to tunnel and I  am about to try to repair it when I get paged. I put the Perdomo in a safe spot, go take care of something and when I get back the burn is perfect and straight.

The Perdomo Habano is a good looking cigar with 2 good looking wrappers. I took the one off the foot and took a whiff and it was delicious smelling. I made my cut took a couple of cold draws and just enjoyed the sweet creamy flavors. The draw tasted so good  almost hated to light it. Well after my disastrous lighting and the cigar correcting itself I was enjoying the first third. The flavors were of a caramel, chocolate, buttery sensational hints. The second third then decided to be spicy with bits of pepper sneaking in with the smoothness of the first making for an interesting combination. Unfortunately I ran out of time and didn't get to finish the Habano but the first 2/3's of were a joy to smoke.

I have  had 2 Perdomo's the Lot 23 and the now the Habano. I have enjoyed both and will gladly smoke another one. There has been a bit of buzz lately about the 10th anniversary. I will probably have to try some of these when I make some room in my boxes.

Would I buy a box of the Habano's  no but only because I have so many different cigars to try still but if I had empty spaces and a limited budget I would definitely get some. I have seen the at the auctioneer for under $3 per stick well worth it in my opinion.

The Newbie

No comments: