March 3, 2012

The Oliva Serie V robusto after a crazy day at work


It was a crazy busy, run around for hours day at work and my old man body really started to feel it. I got caught up with some paperwork and had a little downtime before it was time to go home. What to do hmmm. I have a travel humidor now that I am keeping a couple of cigars, a cutter, and a box of wooden matches in.

 Today seemed like a good day to try the Oliva Serie V. Problem #1 a very windy evening making it hard to light a cigar with wooden matches, but on the 3rd match I got a good light. Problem #2 once lit I had only gotten 2/3 lit well, but by my fourth or fifth puff the cigar took over and evened out a created it's own perfect burn and all I have to say is amazing.

look at the burn, smooth even line..wow



Now on to my impressions of this cigar. After I cut the cap and gave the the foot a smell and got a nice dark chocolate whiff, I took a cold draw and enjoyed the spices and flavors coming from the the V. Once I got it lit The pepper and spice was immediately present as well as what I would call the leathery flavor. This was a surprise since I hadn't experienced that until much later in most of the smokes I have tried. While the V smoothed out after the initial spice  4 to 5 puffs into the cigar there was always an underlying hint throughout. This was a very interesting smoke with many different flavors and textures all the way to the end.

 The ash was interesting because it was much darker than anything else I have smoked. The draw was perfect with billowing fragrant smoke. I had been doing some reading from other bloggers and one had stated that he doesn't smoke beyond the wrapper. Now I am the Newbie and I don't know as much as most of you out there, but I would have missed some of the best part of this and many of the cigars I have smoked in the first month of my new obsession. It started as a hobby but now I think I am becoming obsessed because I can't wait to try my next cigar. The final third of this cigar was very tasty and I am glad I have 4 more of these hanging around in my humidor. I just got these this week and I can't imagine how nice a little time in the wooden box will even make this better. Let's see would I buy a box of these not yet but a 5 pack for sure.






I really took some time to look at the V what a pretty cigar, the roll was impeccable, with a nice oily look to the wrapper.

The Newbie

No comments: